Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST
teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan
that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don't
need any formal training to attend the workshop - anyone 16 or older can learn and use the ASIST model.
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions.
- Provide guidance and suicide First Aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs.
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it.
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large.
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Fees are $175.00 per person.
DATE/TIME: September 25 - 26, 2019 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: To be determined
To register for this training or any other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 742-3191,