Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone mayhave thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don't need any formal training to attend the workshop - anyone sixteen (16) or older can learn and use the ASIST model.
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions.
- Provide guidance and suicide First Aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs.
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it.
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large.
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Fees are $175.00 per person.
DATE/TIME: December 11 - 12, 2019 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: The Family Centre, 65 Hanson Ave, Kitchener, ON N2C 2H6
To register for this training or any other inquiries please contact email@example.com or call (519) 742-3191,
For cancellations within 7 days of training:
- No refund will be provided.
- The registration can be transferred to someone else of your choosing OR transferred to a spot in the future.
For cancellations with more than 7 days' notice:
- Refund will be provided minus an administration fee.
Workshops may be cancelled at the discretion of Thresholds if there are not enough participants to adequately provide the training.