Mental Health First Aid Seniors
This 2-day workshop is an adaptation of the MHFA Basic Course that is intended to increase the capacity of seniors, famillies (information caregivers), friends, staff in care settings and communities to promote mental health in seniors, prevent mental illness and suicide wherever possible in seniors and intervene early when problems first emerge. Topics include: substance related disorders, mood disorders, dementia, delirium, anxiety and psychosis.
The course content and resource materials are based on best available evidence and practice guidelines and were developed in consultation with Canadian experts in the field of geriatric psychiatry. The curriculum was developed for the Mental Health Commission of Canada at Trillium Health Partners, a healthcare organization which prioritizes seniors' health and wellness.
- Recognize symptoms of mental health problems or crises as they develop for seniors.
- Provide initial help, guide a senior or caregiver to professional help.
- Provide strategies and resources to support both seniors and their caregivers.
Fees are $175.00 per person.
DATE/TIME: October 28 - 29, 2019 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Thresholds Homes and Supports
236 Victoria St.N., Unit 2A - Maple Room, Kitchener, ON N2H 5C8
To register for this training or any other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 742-3191, ext. 1240.
For cancellations within 7 days of training:
- No refund will be provided.
- The registration can be transferred to someone else of your choosing OR transferred to a spot in the future.
For cancellations with more than 7 days' notice:
- Refund will be provided minus an administration fee.
Workshops may be cancelled at the discretion of Thresholds if there are not enough participants to adequately provide the training.