This half day alertness training prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don't truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
Since its development in 2006, safeTALK has been used in over twenty (20) countries around the world, and more than two hundred (200) selectable video vignettes have been produced to tailor the program's audio-visual component for diverse audiences. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thought might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and Keep Safe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to to them for further help
Fees are $30.00 per person. For Organizations wishing to register 20 or more individuals there is a flat fee of $400.00 per workshop.
DATE/TIME: To be determined
LOCATION: To be determined
To register for this training or any other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 742-3191,
For cancellations within 7 days of training:
- No refund will be provided.
- The registration can be transferred to someone else of your choosing OR transferred to a spot in the future.
For cancellations with more than 7 days' notice:
- Refund will be provided minus an administration fee.
Workshops may be cancelled at the discretion of Thresholds if there are not enough participants to adequately provide the training.