Thresholds Homes and Supports offers mental health case management services to individuals experiencing serious and persistent mental health and/or concurrent concerns, who do not require direct housing assistance.
Our case managers work collaboratively with individuals to provide client-centered support aimed at assisting them to live active and fulfilling lives in the community.
Our Case Management Services
The service offers individualized supports with a strengths-based focus. Emphasis is placed on working with people to coordinate services they receive as well as focusing on individual recovery goals, maximising independence, and improving wellness and quality of life through the following:
- Ongoing assessment of independent functioning, daily living skills, self-esteem, and interpersonal skills.
- Assistance in the development of realistic and achievable goals.
- Supportive counselling and assistance with problem solving and personal development.
- Teaching of independent living, functioning skills, social skills, and leisure skills.
- Coordinating services with other organizations, health workers and significant others.
- Advocating with clients as necessary.
- Addressing issues related to symptoms, medication management, and encouraging the follow-through of treatment plans.
- Providing crisis intervention, follow-up, and outreach as needed.
Case management services are available to individuals residing in Waterloo Region who are 18 years of age and older.