Individuals housed in properties owned or overseen by Thresholds Homes and Supports receive a range of ongoing support services from a Housing Support Coordinator that respond to their individual needs, similar to Case Management services. The services offered are individualized with a strengths-based focus and may be augmented with additional support from a Life Skills Worker or nurse.
Housing options include congregate living with seven (7) other individuals, smaller shared living homes, and independent subsidized apartments. Individuals receive ongoing support services that range from 24/7 on-site support to monthly contact.
Emphasis is placed on working with people to coordinate services they receive, as well as focusing on individual recovery goals, maximising independence, housing stability, and improving wellness and quality of life.
Our Support Services
- Ongoing assessment of independent functioning, daily living skills, self-esteem, and interpersonal skills.
- Assistance in the development of realistic and achievable goals.
- Supportive counselling and assistance with problem-solving and personal development.
- Teaching of independent living, functioning skills, social skills, and leisure skills.
- Coordinating services with other organizations, health workers, and significant others.
- Advocating with clients as necessary.
- Addressing issues related to symptoms, medication management, and encouraging the follow-through of treatment plans.
- Providing crisis intervention, follow-up, and outreach as needed.
For more information call 1-519-742-3191. To apply for housing please contact Here 24/7 at 1-844-437-3247.