At Thresholds Homes and Supports, we have been supporting individuals with mental health issues since 1980. We currently assist more than 1,100 individuals in the communities of Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, and Guelph.
Your donation will help support our programs, including: subsidized housing, crisis respite programs, and other individualized support programs and specialized programs that provide the necessities that people need to attain a better quality of life.
Many people with mental health issues have the added burden of trying to live on a very limited income — and your donation will help make a difference in their lives.
How to Donate
On behalf of all the individuals who will benefit from your kind generosity, we would like to thank you for your support.
Charitable Tax Number – 13039-9801-RR0001
Donate By Mailed Cheque
Please send your cheque to:
Thresholds Homes and Supports Inc.
236 Victoria St. N., Unit 2A
You can donate online using your debit card, credit card, or PayPal account.
Please note the following for online PayPal donations:
- Neither you nor Thresholds Homes and Supports will be charged a fee for this donation.
- Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund Canada, a registered charity.
- PayPal Giving Fund Canada sends funds collected to Thresholds Homes and Supports monthly and fee-free.
- Your official donation receipt will include your name and mailing address from your PayPal account.
If you have any questions about our donation process, please contact us for more information.
Making a gift to Thresholds Homes and Supports through your Estate
Estate planning is another meaningful way to give to Thresholds Homes and Supports. A gift in your Will (a bequest) will create a lasting legacy.
A bequest through your Will helps to ensure the future of services we provide in our community. Such a gift is very meaningful because it allows you – even after you are gone – to continue to support the causes that you feel passionate about.
Bequest types include:
- Allocation to Thresholds of a specific dollar amount from your estate; or
- Allocation to Thresholds of the residual amount or a percentage of your estate.
Advantages of bequests
- Reduce taxes—your estate will receive a valuable tax credit, which can be applied up to 100% of your net income in the year of death as well as the preceding year.
- Flexibility—you may designate your charitable gift to a specific fund or service at Thresholds that interests you most.
Following careful consideration of your personal and family needs, a bequest may be tailored to fit your particular circumstances and financial priorities. To ensure your wishes are honoured, this should be prepared with your lawyer.
Questions? We would be happy to help you leave your legacy through Thresholds Homes and Supports. For more information, please contact us.